Here at Eberhard we live by four core values: PRIDE, INTEGRITY, PASSION, and ACCOUNTABILITY
We are a Federal Contractor and proud to be an equal opportunity employer including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Click the following links to view:
The EEO "The Law" Poster.
The EEO Supplement Poster.
The Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact Human Resources at 440-268-2060.
Federal Law Requirement for E-verify:
Eberhard Manufacturing Company currently has the following open positions:
Plant Openings: 9
Office Openings: 5
Please send applications / resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
EBERHARD MFG. CO.
ATTN: HR DEPT.
21944 DRAKE RD.
STRONGSVILLE, OHIO 44149
This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
We are a federal contractor. / Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Plan/ Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled /Drug-Free Workplace / E-Verify
NOTE: Please provide an application form with your resume and send a separate application for each position you apply for and include the Job Requisition Number.
Front Office Jobs
Continuous Improvement Leader (Req #9S-2019)
As the Continuous Improvement Leader you implement Continuous Improvement (CI), lean, and six sigma principles to improve operating performance in all business units and reduce wasted variation in alignment with the strategic goals of Eberhard Manufacturing. Your will lead, support and coordinate cross functional process improvement teams and projects to drive operational excellence.
- Champion a culture of Ultimate Customer Satisfaction. Support all business units to ensure that the daily work flow and operational efficiency is optimized. Also, support the implementation and continuous improvement of standards, compliance, scheduling, staffing, and auditing activities are designed to meet the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Support cross functional resolution of quality and operational problems/issues/gaps with Operations, Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Service, Quality, Sales, Accounting, suppliers and customers in resolution of quality related problems and issues.
- Lead advanced/complex problem-solving initiatives utilizing statistical techniques (when appropriate) to determine true root cause, develop and validated corrective actions, and communicate lessons learned across the entire company.
- Provide leadership and coaching for problem resolution to facilitate significant improvements and improved working relationships.
- Develop, lead, facilitate, and participate in CI initiatives, Lean Manufacturing, Problem-Solving, Kaizen events and other improvement activities.
- Implement highly effective problem solving processes and training that promotes CI tools and mindsets throughout the organization.
- Coordinate relevant training and work with all other staff to drive measurable improvements of processes, systems, and information.
- Develop long-term plans for continual growth in products, processes, procedures, and people.
- Must be able to take effective action in solving problems while exhibiting adaptability, good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues/solutions.
- Must be able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in all situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
- Must be able to multitask, adjust to changing priorities, and effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and presentations.
- Must have and demonstrate a desire to continue learning new skills and techniques through in house training, outside training / course work, seminars, and trade shows.
- Mentor and coach others in implementing and sustaining continuous improvement.
- Consistently employ effective change management and proactively involve all employees of the organization to gain their input and support. Generate employee enthusiasm and participation in CI initiatives.
- Report quantifiable goals, objectives, schedules, and financial results of CI initiatives to the Management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Quality, Engineering, Operations or related field and/or equivalent of a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality, Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
- Six-Sigma Black Belt Certificate – preferred
- Experienced in implementing ISO 9001:2015 quality systems, process audits, and process improvement.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and team skills; able to document procedures, express processes in writing and process mapping.
- Proven project management and leadership skills with the ability to develop strong support for change within all levels of the Company.
- Knowledgeable with training techniques and effectively developing/deploying training programs.
- Understanding and usage of statistical tools and how/when to apply appropriately, including statistical software.
- Geometric Dimension Tolerance/Drawings
- New product integration and PPAP
- Solid working knowledge in Six Sigma Process and Tools.
- Problem Solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, Cause and Effect, ect.
- Experience/Expertise with LSS tools such as 8D, 5 Why, C/E, Affinity diagrams, DOE, A3, Capability analysis.
- Understanding of all aspects of the supply chain and the inter-related activities.
Electrical Engineer (Req #5S-2019)
- Support new product development of electro- mechanical products
- Expand into new electronic product lines while supporting the legacy electro-mechanical products currently in production
- Conceptualize and build latching mechanisms that use electro- mechanical technologies
- Supporting sales and occasionally attending trade shows and traveling to visit customers as needed on new developmental projects
- Use engineering principals to design products
- Trouble shoot technical problems involving product performance, production launch
- Perform a variety of engineering tasks using appropriate engineering tools such as CAD, DFMEA, in the planning and design of electrical products and wire harness assemblies
- Act as project leader and participate in all phases of development including creation, prototypes, testing and analysis while monitoring adherence to time lines and minimizing costs
- Work individually and collaboratively with other engineers, designers, manufacturing personnel, managers, sales staff, suppliers and customers to complete product development assignments
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and customer presentations
- Hands on worker to assist, prove, and/or improve designs
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Desire to continue learning new skills and techniques thru in house training, outside training / course work, seminars, and trade shows
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of design experience using a modern ECad tool. Experience with Eagle is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience in embedded systems (microcontrollers and/or FPGAs). Experience with PIC microcontrollers is a plus.
- Ability to hand solder thru hole and SMT PCB components for rework, troubleshooting, and rapid prototyping.
- Ability to conceptualize and design PCB assemblies from schematic level to PCB layout design.
- Experience routing wire harnesses using CAD tools.
- Ability to write and interpret C code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Electro-mechanical Product design experience, full understanding and usage of 3D Inventor or Solidworks software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong expediting and project management skills
- Strength in math, science, and computers
- Minimum five years of applicable engineering experience
- Bachelors of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or applicable Bachelor Degree (Master’s Degree is a plus)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (including educational requirements)
- Understanding of basic RF design principles
- Understanding of ISO standards
- Experience prototyping, testing, and evaluating electronic and electro-mechanical devices or systems
- Experience with Engineering technical documentation including bills and materials, EN/ECN processes
Design Engineer (Job Req #13S-2019)
- Managing projects from start to finish – including design concept creation, 3D modeling, drawing creation, prototype creation, testing coordination, production implementation, and all required company and ISO documentation.
- Working individually and collaborating as part of a team on production support, sales support, customer support, and new product development assignments.
- Performing some cost analysis on individual design project(s).
- Completing product enhancements: Creating iterative designs and product styling that improve the aesthetics, ergonomics and function of current products.
- Troubleshooting production issues and customer concerns to improve the quality of products.
- Supporting sales development and occasionally attending trade shows and traveling to visit customers, suppliers or consultants as needed.
New Product Enhancements: Create new design concepts and product styling to improve and enhance the aesthetics, ergonomics and function of the current older product lines. This activity will include concept renderings, 3D models, and 2D drawings.
New Product Design: By incorporating specific customer defined objectives, we use the new product design process to introduce new products and new product lines to meet these criteria. The activity will include concepts, 3D models, and the creation of 2D drawings. Additional duties include cost estimating analysis and tracking product releases through the first production pilot run.
Testing Performance Standards: This process would include establishing acceptable testing standards for the product variations and validation of the product performance standards written into a formal documented standard. This procedure may involve the assistance of the supplier, customer requirements, Industry Standards, Quality, and Manufacturing personnel. Testing itself would be performed by the Test Engineering Team Members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong ability in 3D modeling. Experience with Autodesk products including 3D Inventor and 2D AutoCAD is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Capability of conducting professional and organized design sessions with customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office desktop applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Product Development or Product Design
- Familiarity with stampings, die-casting, plastic molding, assembly techniques, and other manufacturing methods.
- Superior ability to prioritize and manage multiple action items.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Cross Area Competencies:
- Training in Test Area
- Communications with Customers and Sales
- Understanding Test Reports
Part Time Engineering Administrative Assistant (Job Req #12S-2019)
Eberhard is looking for a responsible part time Engineering Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, highly organized, and have the ability to work with multiple departments to get tasks done in a timely manner.
- Process Engineering Notices (EN)
- Document Control & Maintenance of industry and government standards / specifications
- Review & assist with updating of databases & logs for Prototypes
- Review & assist with updating of various databases & logs essential to Engineering,
- Examples; Tooling Requisitions and Changes to Processes and Procedures (CPP’s)
- Maintain Finish Code folders & master finish code binder; update finish codes as required
- Handle processing of Compliance Requests (i.e., RoHS,)
- Process Visual (ERP SYSTEM) Maintenance / Part Masters
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Communication Skills – Written & Verbal
- Well Organized / Good Time Management Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Able to Multi-task / Flexible
- Work Independently
- Technical Comprehension
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
Inside Sales Representative (Job Req #11S-2019)
Eberhard is looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a short to long term sales cycle environment. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. The candidate must be comfortable making numerous phone calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
- Proven inside sales experience with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to research accounts, identify key players and develop new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and/or emails while maintaining and expanding current database prospects
- A strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Experience working with data bases or similar CRM
- Ability to review problems objectively and assist in solutions and implementation of procedures to resolve issues
- Ability to close sales and achieve or over-achieve quarterly quotas
- Willingness to travel as required, such as to trade shows and key accounts
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree with previous sales experience
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Maintenance Electrician (Req. #10-2019)
Eberhard Manufacturing is looking to hire an Experienced Maintenance Electrician to ensure that all electrical systems, wiring and equipment remain functional. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment in order to keep our company operational. This job will require you to be self-motivated but also work as a part of a team to ensure orders are handled in an efficient manner.
- Check, trouble Shoot, diagnose and repair machines / equipment
- Perform maintenance of electric power, lighting and communication systems of the building and machinery including upgrading wiring, installation of equipment and fixtures, such as motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers and fuse boxes
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for new machines / equipment
- Connect power supply wires and cables to and between machines and equipment
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning parts such as transformers, heater circuits, machine controls, relays, switches, motors and lighting fixtures
- Inspect, test, and replace damaged equipment
- Assist Maintenance Mechanic in diagnosing and replacing faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines / equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance (TPMs & PMs) on equipment
- As required, operate rigging, fork truck, ladders, overhead crane, and man lifts
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area
- Inspect wiring and fixtures for conformance to company specifications or local electrical codes using test equipment such as voltmeter and ohmmeter
- Any other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years applied multi-craft maintenance experience working in a manufacturing environment, 5 years preferred
- Strong Electrical and Mechanical Knowledge
- Understanding of Programming Logic Controls
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills – Electrical and Mechanical
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, and hydraulic schematics
- Understanding of National Electrical Code
- Experience working with high voltage (minimum 480 volt 3 phase)
- Lock out/tag out experience
- Journeyman a plus
Experienced Inspector (Req. #21-2019)
Eberhard Manufacturing in an Industrial Hardware Manufacturer who has been in business for over 130 years. Because Eberhard cares about providing the very best in quality parts to our customers, we are in need of an Experienced Inspector who will inspect machined and fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Ability to take accurate measurements using standard hand held and bench-type measuring devices.
- Basic MS Windows, MS Office Skills
- Intermediate or higher experience in Excel is desired
- Blueprint reading/understanding
- CMM operation and programming
- Intermediate communication skills for
- Report generation (Microsoft Word)
- Email interactions
- Database reporting
- Intermediate math skills
Additional desired experience in:
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Root cause analysis experience or similar problem solving techniques
- Minimum: High school diploma
- Desired: Trade school or college coursework in Quality or related functions
- Associate Degree in a direct or closely related technical function is a strong plus
Required work experience:
- Minimum of Two years, recent experience as an Inspector
Short Run Assembler (Req #17-2019)
Eberhard Manufacturing is looking for a someone to work in our Short Run Department as an assembler with occasional powder coating responsibilities. The ideal candidate must be comfortable running short run jobs rather than long production runs. In this role you will assemble, rework & repair component parts.
The candidate must have proven knowledge in the following areas:
Material Handling duties, hand / measuring tools, powder coating & blue print reading
A willingness to learn additional responsibilities is also required for back up purposes throughout the shop so Tow Motor and Shipping experience is a plus.
Working knowledge of Press Operations and basic computer skills is also a plus.
Material Handler A (Req # 18-2019)
Eberhard Manufacturing is looking for a Material Handler. This position requires tow motor driving, overhead crane operating, and periodic janitorial activities.
- As Eberhard’s tow motor driver you will be responsible for operating and managing industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries moving them to and from storage areas, machines, and loading docks.
- When operating an overhead crane, you will be responsible for lifting, moving, positioning, and repositioning loads by depressing buttons and foot pedals as well as manipulating levers.
- The Material Handler A position may require some janitorial activities as well. Our Maintenance worker is responsible for cleaning the building, removing debris, and keeping areas neat.
- You must be able to move / lift 20+ lb. objects and have a valid tow motor driver license. The ideal candidate should be assertive, self-motivated, detail oriented with flexibility to perform a variety of assignments
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Fill Application Form
Fill Application Form , Click here .