Here at Eberhard we live by four core values: PRIDE, INTEGRITY, PASSION, and ACCOUNTABILITY
We are a Federal Contractor and proud to be an equal opportunity employer including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Click the following links to view:
The EEO "The Law" Poster.
The EEO Supplement Poster.
The Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact Human Resources at 440-268-2060.
Federal Law Requirement for E-verify:
Eberhard Manufacturing Company currently has the following open positions:
Plant Openings: 3
Office Openings: 3
Please send applications / resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
EBERHARD MFG. CO.
ATTN: HR DEPT.
21944 DRAKE RD.
STRONGSVILLE, OHIO 44149
This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
We are a federal contractor. / Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Plan/ Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled /Drug-Free Workplace / E-Verify
NOTE: Please provide an application form with your resume and send a separate application for each position you apply for and include the Job Requisition Number.
Front Office Jobs
Continuous Improvement Leader (Req #9S-2019)
As the Continuous Improvement Leader you implement Continuous Improvement (CI), lean, and six sigma principles to improve operating performance in all business units and reduce wasted variation in alignment with the strategic goals of Eberhard Manufacturing. Your will lead, support and coordinate cross functional process improvement teams and projects to drive operational excellence.
- Champion a culture of Ultimate Customer Satisfaction. Support all business units to ensure that the daily work flow and operational efficiency is optimized. Also, support the implementation and continuous improvement of standards, compliance, scheduling, staffing, and auditing activities are designed to meet the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Support cross functional resolution of quality and operational problems/issues/gaps with Operations, Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Service, Quality, Sales, Accounting, suppliers and customers in resolution of quality related problems and issues.
- Lead advanced/complex problem-solving initiatives utilizing statistical techniques (when appropriate) to determine true root cause, develop and validated corrective actions, and communicate lessons learned across the entire company.
- Provide leadership and coaching for problem resolution to facilitate significant improvements and improved working relationships.
- Develop, lead, facilitate, and participate in CI initiatives, Lean Manufacturing, Problem-Solving, Kaizen events and other improvement activities.
- Implement highly effective problem solving processes and training that promotes CI tools and mindsets throughout the organization.
- Coordinate relevant training and work with all other staff to drive measurable improvements of processes, systems, and information.
- Develop long-term plans for continual growth in products, processes, procedures, and people.
- Must be able to take effective action in solving problems while exhibiting adaptability, good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues/solutions.
- Must be able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in all situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
- Must be able to multitask, adjust to changing priorities, and effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and presentations.
- Must have and demonstrate a desire to continue learning new skills and techniques through in house training, outside training / course work, seminars, and trade shows.
- Mentor and coach others in implementing and sustaining continuous improvement.
- Consistently employ effective change management and proactively involve all employees of the organization to gain their input and support. Generate employee enthusiasm and participation in CI initiatives.
- Report quantifiable goals, objectives, schedules, and financial results of CI initiatives to the Management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Quality, Engineering, Operations or related field and/or equivalent of a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality, Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
- Six-Sigma Black Belt Certificate – preferred
- Experienced in implementing ISO 9001:2015 quality systems, process audits, and process improvement.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and team skills; able to document procedures, express processes in writing and process mapping.
- Proven project management and leadership skills with the ability to develop strong support for change within all levels of the Company.
- Knowledgeable with training techniques and effectively developing/deploying training programs.
- Understanding and usage of statistical tools and how/when to apply appropriately, including statistical software.
- Geometric Dimension Tolerance/Drawings
- New product integration and PPAP
- Solid working knowledge in Six Sigma Process and Tools.
- Problem Solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, Cause and Effect, ect.
- Experience/Expertise with LSS tools such as 8D, 5 Why, C/E, Affinity diagrams, DOE, A3, Capability analysis.
- Understanding of all aspects of the supply chain and the inter-related activities.
Customer Service Representative (Req #8S-2019)
Eberhard Manufacturing is an established Vehicular and Industrial Hardware Manufacturer who is currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative that is aggressive, enthusiastic, and hands-on. Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills and high attention to detail. Requires experience in customer service related to industrial / technical products in a manufacturing environment.
Must have a minimum of 2 years of related experience in manufacturing or industrial customer service, order entry and sales, or a bachelor’s degree in a related field, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Primary point of contact for all customer service and support functions. Create and maintain the highest standard of service and professionalism in conjunction with providing input and support to achieve company goals.
- Work closely with Market Managers and customers keeping both updated on order status, potential problem areas, and providing general assistance when and where necessary within established guidelines.
- Able to understand an industrial/technical product line and provide solutions to customers.
- Have thorough knowledge of and assist with product applications by understanding stock availability and expected delivery times.
- Responsible for incoming communication (phone calls, emails, etc.) from customers, prospective customers, and sales reps regarding orders, quotes, pricing, problem solving, etc.
- Answering/responding in a timely manner to all customer phone calls and e-mails
- Enter all required information into the computerized systems to create and maintain the customer database, ensuring accuracy and timelines.
- Light mandatory travel/customer visitations or trade shows as needed.
Job Requirements / Basic Qualifications
- Customer service background – minimum of 2 years (manufacturing environment preferred)
- 2-year business degree a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization providing courteous, timely and accurate information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize situations requiring urgent attention is critical. Strong time management and organization skills are required.
- Demonstrated competencies in computer software -- MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel, and Visual). Previous Visual experience a plus.
Electrical Engineer (Req #5S-2019)
- Support new product development of electro- mechanical products
- Expand into new electronic product lines while supporting the legacy electro-mechanical products currently in production
- Conceptualize and build latching mechanisms that use electro- mechanical technologies
- Supporting sales and occasionally attending trade shows and traveling to visit customers as needed on new developmental projects
- Use engineering principals to design products
- Trouble shoot technical problems involving product performance, production launch
- Perform a variety of engineering tasks using appropriate engineering tools such as CAD, DFMEA, in the planning and design of electrical products and wire harness assemblies
- Act as project leader and participate in all phases of development including creation, prototypes, testing and analysis while monitoring adherence to time lines and minimizing costs
- Work individually and collaboratively with other engineers, designers, manufacturing personnel, managers, sales staff, suppliers and customers to complete product development assignments
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and customer presentations
- Hands on worker to assist, prove, and/or improve designs
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Desire to continue learning new skills and techniques thru in house training, outside training / course work, seminars, and trade shows
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of design experience using a modern ECad tool. Experience with Eagle is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience in embedded systems (microcontrollers and/or FPGAs). Experience with PIC microcontrollers is a plus.
- Ability to hand solder thru hole and SMT PCB components for rework, troubleshooting, and rapid prototyping.
- Ability to conceptualize and design PCB assemblies from schematic level to PCB layout design.
- Experience routing wire harnesses using CAD tools.
- Ability to write and interpret C code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Electro-mechanical Product design experience, full understanding and usage of 3D Inventor or Solidworks software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong expediting and project management skills
- Strength in math, science, and computers
- Minimum five years of applicable engineering experience
- Bachelors of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or applicable Bachelor Degree (Master’s Degree is a plus)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (including educational requirements)
- Understanding of basic RF design principles
- Understanding of ISO standards
- Experience prototyping, testing, and evaluating electronic and electro-mechanical devices or systems
- Experience with Engineering technical documentation including bills and materials, EN/ECN processes
Maintenance Electrician (Req. #10-2019)
Eberhard Manufacturing is looking to hire an Experienced Maintenance Electrician to ensure that all electrical systems, wiring and equipment remain functional. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment in order to keep our company operational. This job will require you to be self-motivated but also work as a part of a team to ensure orders are handled in an efficient manner.
- Check, trouble Shoot, diagnose and repair machines / equipment
- Perform maintenance of electric power, lighting and communication systems of the building and machinery including upgrading wiring, installation of equipment and fixtures, such as motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers and fuse boxes
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for new machines / equipment
- Connect power supply wires and cables to and between machines and equipment
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning parts such as transformers, heater circuits, machine controls, relays, switches, motors and lighting fixtures
- Inspect, test, and replace damaged equipment
- Assist Maintenance Mechanic in diagnosing and replacing faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines / equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance (TPMs & PMs) on equipment
- As required, operate rigging, fork truck, ladders, overhead crane, and man lifts
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area
- Inspect wiring and fixtures for conformance to company specifications or local electrical codes using test equipment such as voltmeter and ohmmeter
- Any other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years applied multi-craft maintenance experience working in a manufacturing environment, 5 years preferred
- Strong Electrical and Mechanical Knowledge
- Understanding of Programming Logic Controls
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills – Electrical and Mechanical
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, and hydraulic schematics
- Understanding of National Electrical Code
- Experience working with high voltage (minimum 480 volt 3 phase)
- Lock out/tag out experience
- Journeyman a plus
Experienced Inspector (Req. #11-2019)
Eberhard Manufacturing in an Industrial Hardware Manufacturer who has been in business for over 130 years. Because Eberhard cares about providing the very best in quality parts to our customers, we are in need of an Experienced Inspector who will inspect machined and fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Ability to take accurate measurements using standard hand held and bench-type measuring devices.
- Basic MS Windows, MS Office Skills
- Intermediate or higher experience in Excel is desired
- Blueprint reading/understanding
- CMM operation and programming
- Intermediate communication skills for
- Report generation (Microsoft Word)
- Email interactions
- Database reporting
- Intermediate math skills
Additional desired experience in:
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Root cause analysis experience or similar problem solving techniques
- Minimum: High school diploma
- Desired: Trade school or college coursework in Quality or related functions
- Associate Degree in a direct or closely related technical function is a strong plus
Required work experience:
- Minimum of Two years, recent experience as an Inspector
Fill Application Form
Fill Application Form , Click here .